Craftsuprint

Thursday 25 August 2011

Poem

Instead of a picture I thiught i'd give you a poem. I wrote this a few years ago when I was trying to learn about this new fangled contraption called a computer.
There's a monster that's come to stay at our house, It can't be all bad as it's brought it's pet mouse,
also a disk with words that i've never heard of,that I'm sure would frighten the worlds greatest nerds off.
It sits on my desk looking at me, with it's one black eye that lights occasionally.
I've made friends with it's mouse, which I stroke with my hand, but it speaks in a language I don't understand.
I never know what it's going to demand next,as it just sounds to me a near gibberish text.
It tells me to 'download' whatever that may mean, don't want to look stupid so I just stare at it's screen.
I'm told it's a genius at communication, but it says I've performed an illegal operation.
Windows you can't see through,bytes without teeth,rams that are'nt goats, it's beyond my belief.
Giga bytes, mega bytes,the net for a chat,I've heard of a 'floppy' ooops, I don't think it's that.
I've heard that this monster will do every task, I've tried all the buttons, it won't do as I ask.
What am I to do, it's not good for my health, my blood pressure's up, I can't think for myself.
It's driving me crazy. I know i'm no mug,I'll just shut it down and pull out it's plug.
Sheila. M.
I still feel the same about it.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You should put it on a card front =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah I have thought about it, need to draw some technical stuff to go with it.

    ReplyDelete